“Wanna Read?” runs an active volunteer programme at some of the hospitals where we have dedicated areas. It is our aim to implement our programme into all the hospitals where we have opened rooms and future rooms.
Volunteers are encouraged to read to young patients, either in the dedicated “Wanna Read?” room or at their bedsides.
We also need volunteers to offer support at our events and activities, with social media, room set-up and general administration when opening a room.
- Book Drives – To collect good quality children’s books.
- Hospital – To visit young patients and brighten their day by reading a storybook.
- Administration – To help us with general admin and sort donated books at our office in Abu Dhabi.
- PR – To help if you have experience in social media and design.
- Artists and Painters – To help us to brighten up a room and make a difference.
Stage1: Register on the Volunteers.ae website.
Stage2: Complete and submit the “Wanna Read?” form below.
Stage3: Attend the “Wanna Read?” orientation.